Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Day in the Life of a Sophomore Psych and Business Major

Hi all! Today I'm going to write about what my schedule looks like on an average day. :) 

7:45am - wake up (the hardest part of the day) and get ready for class! At 8:00 I head to Alliot for a nice breakfast with my friends. Whenever Alliot has tater tots or French toast sticks for breakfast, you know it's going to be a gooooooood day! Then at 8:20, it's time for the quick two minute walk from the dining hall to class!















8:30am-12:05pm - On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have Italian, Statistics, and Cross Cultural Psychology back to back, but it's not bad! I personally like having three classes in a row because I'm done for the day at 12:05, and then I only have one class (Management) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

12:05pm - LUNCH! Yes, one of my favorite times of the day. I usually spend between 30 minutes and an hour in Alliot for lunch, because with the unlimited meal plan you can eat as much as you want, and Alliot is also a great social place where you'll see your peers. (I spent over 90 minutes in Alliot last week talking with friends and having four cups of tea which was a great way to destress and catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while!)


2:30pm - Every Monday at 2:30, I give campus tours to prospective students. Being a tour guide is a great experience for many reasons, one being that you get to tell people why you love Saint Mike's!

3:30-5:30pm - Homework session! My favorite spots to do homework are in the academic buildings and the student center! But when I really need to focus I go to the library!
The children's literature room in the library is my favorite spot to write a paper!
5:30pm - Dinner in Alliot!!!! 

7:00-9:00pm - This time is usually reserved for club meetings! I'm involved with many clubs and organization on campus, including DREAM, RHA, Campus Ministry, the Academics Committee, and more!

9:00-10:15pm - Homework again! 



10:15-11:00pm - Free time! I usually have free time scattered throughout the day, but at this time I'll usually play a board game (Settlers of Catan is my new favorite), or watch an episode of my favorite show or a sports game with my friends!

11:00pm - goodnight!!! getting a good amount of sleep is crucial to staying focussed in class, so always try your best to get at least 8 hours (even though that is challenging in college)!

Some days are busier than others, but I always make the most of every day and enjoy every minute as a student at Saint Mike's :)

Until next time,
Katie :)

Contact me here!
Email: cbarry5@mail.smcvt.edu
Instagram: cbarry_28

No comments:

Post a Comment