Friday, December 16, 2016

Semester Wrap Up: Highlights from Fall 2016

Well friends, I finished my exam and just submitted my English paper, so I can now say that my fall semester is over. Although this has been a tough semester for everyone on campus, there have been so many great memories that I want to share with you all.

Here are my favorite memories from each month this semester! 

September:
Moving back to school and going into Burlington was definitely one of my favorite parts of the semester. The entire summer I was counting down the days until I was back at SMC and in Vermont. The first night back, I went downtown with my friends to get late-night burritos at Boloco, which unfortunately just closed down :( However, nothing beats walking on Church Street, it's just so beautiful! 


October: 
QUIDDITCH! I'm the co-president of RHA (Residence Hall Association), a club at Saint Mike's that puts on different programming events throughout the year for students on campus. One of our biggest events is Quidditch! Yes, Quidditch, like in Harry Potter! RHA puts on a Quidditch tournament twice a year: once in the fall and once in the spring!



Keep an eye out for the Quidditch tournament happening next semester sometime in April!

November: 
The weather in Vermont is really, really, really weird. The weekend before Thanksgiving it was 60 degrees one day, and then 30 degrees the next day. However, my friends came up to visit on that Saturday when it was 60 degrees and sunny.
We went to the Skinny Pancake and the waterfront, which was a great way to get off campus and enjoy the nice weather! 





December:
I'm pretty sure every student can agree that Alliot Christmas Dinner is the most wonderful meal of the year. For those of you who don't know, Alliot Christmas Dinner happens once a year and is Alliot cooks a Christmas dinner for all the students! There is everything ranging from ham and mashed potatoes, to s'mores pizza and banana foster, to every type of bread you can imagine. 




And....there's eggnog.

And that's all I have! I hope everyone has a wonderful winter break! 

Until next time,
Katie :)

Contact me here!
Email: cbarry5@mail.smcvt.edu
Instagram: cbarry_28


No comments:

Post a Comment