Sunday, October 30, 2016

Oh Canada

        
Long weekends call for adventure. Montreal is less than two hours from campus, which makes it nice and easy to visit for a weekend getaway. Saint Mike's has the perfect location, because it's a brief walk to restaurants in Winooski Circle, a quick drive to downtown Burlington and the waterfront, a half hour from the mountains, and only a short drive up to Canada.



Montreal is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Old Montreal in particular has a European feel. This area of the city is lined with delicious cafés, art galleries, and historic churches.

       

         

Notre-Dame Basilica (pictured below) is almost 200 years old and was one of my favorite places to visit. 

       

For brunch we went to Crêperie Chez Suzette. I had the délicieuse crepe, with bananas and almonds. I've been to this café every time I've gone to Canada, and I would recommend it to everyone! 



We didn't have any specific plans set when we decided we were going to Canada, and we had a fantastic time! I personally prefer being spontaneous and deciding on what to do once we get there.



Montreal is absolutely beautiful and you will find things to do just by walking around. Montreal is a great city to visit for the day or for a weekend. I've gone three times so far and hope to go again in the future!

        
Until next time,
Katie :)


Contact me here!
Email: cbarry5@mail.smcvt.edu
Instagram: cbarry_28


No comments:

Post a Comment